Monday, 29 August 2011

A Challenge: Stay awake all night!

So this weekend I've been trying to switch my sleep schedule in order to prepare for my Equine Out of Hours rotation. I've managed to stay up till 3 am and then stay in bed until noon the next day -- not good enough! So I'm writing this now from our tea room at the college as I'm in between checks. So far so good. Cross your fingers no emergencies come in this week and that all will be smooth sailing! I'll keep you posted on how it goes, as I imagine I will some spare moments each night.

This weekend was pretty chill -- Jamie and Sam came over on Friday for some dinner and to just relax. Last night I went out with Emily and a couple of her friends. We went to the {Porterhouse} in Covent Garden. They always have a wide selection of brews and on the few occasions I've been there, they've had some good looking patrons too! While searching for Emily's friends, she and I had some random people come and start chatting with us. Turns out a few of them were from Canada -- Brampton to be specific. We Canadians must have some sort of radar in order to seek each other out. Hopefully we'll be able to keep in touch, as it's always nice to hear a familiar accent!

Alright.. time to head out for midnight checks! Wish me luck!

My train ride in to rainy London King's Cross

The Porterhouse, Covent Garden (source: www.thisislondon.co.uk)
One of the several bars at the Porterhouse (source: http://weluv.it)

Emily at one of the restaurants in China Town

No comments:

Post a Comment