Monday, 22 August 2011

Happy 30th Erin!

On August 16th my room mate Erin, turned the big 3-0!!! To celebrate this special occasion, Leslie (my other room mate) made reservations for a group of us at {Quaglino's Restaurant} in Mayfair, London. To make it a special evening, we decided to make it a surprise and invite 10 of Erin's other friends to join in the dinner. To keep it a surprise, Leslie took Erin out shopping for the afternoon while I went to "work" (I actually went to Costa for an hour), and then according to Erin, her and Les were going to dinner alone. In the mean time I added some decorations to our living room and got some munchies for later, as after dinner we were going to head back to our place. 

Unfortunately, since Erin did not anticipate our plans, she made plans of her own to meet up with her cousin Tim who was here for work from America. Leslie and I had to try and sneek around to get his contact info to let him know that we were going to be running late due to our plans. Anywho, the lot of us got to the restaurant a few minutes before Erin and Leslie arrived and we were able to shout surprise just as Erin came to the table. Dinner was amazing (see photos below), which we followed up with a stop at a pub and then returned to our place for some late night snacks and drinks. All in all a good night!
The guests & guest of honour

My appetizer: avocado salad

My main: chicken breast and gnocchi

My dessert: Lavender ice cream & chocolate fondant

My wine

No comments:

Post a Comment