Sunday, 4 September 2011

Done with Equine Out of Hours!

Meds/checks every 2-4 hours, walking and grazing and refluxing horses all throughout the wee hours of the morning when normal people are all asleep -- that's the life of an Equine Out of Hours Student. Thankfully, I've finally finished my week of it!! It's been a tough but fun week. We had the opportunity to work up quite a few colics and learn some new skills (ugh refluxing), along with eat tons of junk food, learn the dance to MJ's Thriller, and watch reruns of the {Inbetweeners}, all to help us stay awake! I would have loved to have posted photos of all the horses we worked with, but I'm unable to do so due to confidentiality reasons. Instead, I'll post some random photos taken during our more delirious moments, usually the early morning!

So next stop is Equine Medicine, which requires changing from my 6pm-8am shift to a 7am-6pm shift -- and in just 24 hours.. Ugh! Hopefully my body won't hate me too much for depriving it of sleep today. Wish me luck!

Watching the sunset over the barns

Jamie skipping in the barn -- obviously excited to be working nights

Jamie and I dressing up
Sunrise over the pasture


1 comment: