Sunday, 18 March 2012

Back to Canada I Go!

The OVC (source: www.uoguelph.ca)
For the first time since my first year of vet school, I'm going home over the Easter holiday! Unfortunately it won't be an actual holiday for me because I'll be working at the {Ontario Veterinary College}, {University of Guelph} (my alma mater).  There I will be doing a 3 week externship-- one week in internal medicine and two weeks in ICU. It'll be strange going to 'someone else's school,' but I'm sure I'll get used to it soon enough.

I'm often asked why I didn't go to the OVC in the first place. Well, when I applied I was sent an email from the admissions department saying that I took one of my prerequisites during a semester when I took only 4 classes, and all prerequesites need to be done during a full time semester of 5 classes (U of G calls 4 classes full time!). Needless to say, my application couldn't progress any further, so grades and MCAT scores didn't even get to be evaluated! Anywho, I ended up looking up other AVMA accredited vet schools and that's where I found RVC. I hear things have changed a little bit with regards to admissions for OVC, but it's still considered to be one of the best vet schools around, and therefore competition for a spot is stiff!

I'll be sure to post an update once I've gotten settled into things at the OVC. Wish me luck!

Below are some images from the last time I was at U of G
Gryph, the university's mascot

Carlie and I at the homecoming game

Homecoming

No comments:

Post a Comment