Wednesday, 11 April 2012

My Day With Marilyn

As many of you know, this summer marks the 50th anniversary of Marilyn Monroe's death. I've recently seen the film, {My Week With Marilyn}, starring Michelle Williams, which was great, by the way, and then I read that the {Getty Images Gallery} was holding an exhibition to celebrate her life, so I decided to check it out! In case you're interested in attending the exhibition yourself, it's running until May 23, 2012. The exhibit showcases many iconic photos and 10 or so original film costumes are on display. It's free, so I definitely recommend checking it out!

My favourite series is below: Marilyn Getting Ready (source: getty images)



When I went to the Gallery I was unsure as to whether or not we could take pictures, so I didn't. However, I found a photo of the costumes on someone's Flikr account {http://www.flickr.com/photos/katy_bird/7027132083/in/photostream/}. They always talk about her being a curvy lady, but I still found her costumes to be quite tiny!




No comments:

Post a Comment