Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Happy Birthday Jamie!

A couple weeks ago it was my friend and classmate, Jamie's 29th birthday. To celebrate her last birthday in England, and her last birthday in her 20's she wanted to do something unique and fun -- attend a burlesque show with a {cross dressing dj} as the host! Before heading off to our unique event, we stopped for dinner at the amazing Mexican restaurant, {Wahaca}. I wish I remembered to bring a camera, so that I could have taken pictures of the night and my food! I of course had a margarita and then I had the chicken tinga burito (very tasty). In the past I have had their churros for dessert, but sadly, on this evening, there was no room in my tummy!

 Our next stop was the {Cellar Door}. This place's entrance can be difficult to find if you're not paying attention. It looks sort of like a small entrance to the tube (aka the subway) but once you get past the big door man it's as though you've entered a speak easy back in the 30's! The barmen are in old fashioned dress, and they serve amazing cocktails -- the oldies but goodies! On the night we were there they had Eyes Wide Shut being projected onto one of the walls, the other wall had the bar, another was completely mirrored, and they other accommodated our amazing cross dressing dj! We were treated to two burlesque shows by a {Miss Kitty Divine} and were entertained by our dj's wonderful music selection. All in all, a good night and a definite recommended visit!

The guests
The girls
Jamie and the DJ
Assessing Jamie's dancing skills


No comments:

Post a Comment