Saturday, 16 June 2012

Jubilee Weekend!

I like to think that I'm lucky enough to have been in London for some pretty big events -- The Royal Wedding, The Diamond Jubilee, and in about a month's time, the 2012 Olympics! The Brits do it right, by hosting street parties and providing tons of all day coverage of each of these events. I thankfully had the opportunity to actually go watch the wedding festivities, but for the Jubilee, I was stuck in doors, studying. Unfortunately the weather wasn't that great that weekend, so I'm not too sad that I had to stay inside, but it sucks when you don't even have the option to attend. One of my flat mates and her friends went to go watch the Foatilla and they said it was crazy busy -- they did get to see some boats, but they decided to give up and just went to a pub to watch it on TV. Below are some photos 
(source: http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/central-weekend) of the Jubilee weekend, as well as some from the Royal Wedding. Enjoy!

Jubilee Weekend: At the floatilla



Jubilee Weekend: At the concert

Jubilee Weekend: On the balcony of Buckingham Palace

Royal Wedding: The Queen

 
Royal Wedding: me

Royal Wedding: Prince Harry is the taller one  

No comments:

Post a Comment