Monday, 16 July 2012

Christy Comes to Visit

My friend Christy, whom I met in high school, now lives in Holland. She's been there for a few years now and we've each had the opportunity to visit one another in our respective countries. Last week Christy came for her second visit to England. She came at an opportune moment... one where I was in dire need of a friend -- exam results time! 

Thankfully she was happy to deal with a stressed out me, and be there for me on results day (thanks for double checking my grades Christy!), and I think she enjoyed herself some too ;) We attended a 4th of July BBQ, ventured to {Westfield Mall} for some shopping, {Camden Town} for some dinner and beverages, the Old Manor for a few more beverages, and to the {Marylebone Hotel Lounge} for afternoon tea.

The afternoon tea was delicious. We were so stuffed after all the scones, sandwiches, desserts, and tea! We ended up finding a 2 for 1 deal on www.afternoontea.co.uk so it only cost us about 10 pounds per person, which was a steal, considering how much food we got! The service was great, and the atmosphere was relaxing. The only change I'd make is to have a bit of a higher table!! Definitely worth checking out if you're looking for an affordable location for afternoon tea!
Tea Time!
Our delicious afternoon tea tray

Westfield had some art for sale... I didn't give them permission to sculpt me! lol


1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA that sculpture comment made me chuckle! hahahaa

    ReplyDelete