Sunday, 1 July 2012

Happy Canada Day!

This year Canada turned 145 years old! I feel like the biggest question I get from non Canadians is, "What is Canada Day?" To answer that question, it marks the anniversary of the joining of the British North American colonies, which included Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario and Quebec. It is often referred to as Canada's Birthday. The next most common question is, "What do you guys do on Canada Day?" The answer to that is simple -- party! We often have BBQs, fireworks, beer drinking, and concerts. 

Last year I had the opportunity to attend Canada Day in Trafalgar Square, however, this year I spent it at a friend's place, enjoying a hog roast and good company! 

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians!
flag of Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment