Monday, 29 July 2013

1. Go to a food festival... or two...

So the first thing on my to do list is to attend a food festival. I had the opportunity to go to 2! The first one I went to was the 8th Annual Guelph Wellington Local Food Fest. It was held at the St. Ignatius Jesuit Centre. There they had a bunch of local vendors selling food, alcoholic beverages, and some other products. They also had some local restaurants/caterers.   

My favourite caterer there was {Terra et Silva} with their stuffed grape leaves and strained yogurt salad. Favourite beverage was a cider by {Spirit Tree Estate Cidery}. While there we also had the opportunity to check out some discussions by local groups -- the one I was most interested in attending was by Backyard Bok Boks, an excellent resource for those of you looking to start your own urban chicken coop.

While I was visiting my parents in Kingsville, my mom suggested we spend the day in Windsor. That is where I attended my second food festival of the summer, the {Fork and Cork Festival}. They had several food and drink vendors, as well as live music. I found the one in Guelph to be a bit more interesting, however, it's always nice to check out free (or nearly free) events in the area, so I can't complain!

Free reusable shopping bag from the Guelph Wellington Food Festival

No comments:

Post a Comment